Tuesday 14 February 2012

Stone Statues


I've thrown my praises like whipped sand on wind
to Kings, Queens, men, women and kin
Built them statues of sticks, stones and bones
Ive shared my brutal sword and carried gently my child
Tasted the salt of blood, drank cream from a mug, sweet and mild
Ive swam in love and sank in rage
Struck a friend and delivered my enemy from his cage
And today I know, with all these things gone past,
With an idle word I sow, all these things can tumble down like glass
What have you learned this fine day, to say?
Gunner©

1 comment:

  1. I have learnt to choose my words with care and precision, to be sure that they only come from an expression of love...I have learnt to share my counsel only with myself...to express only truth as I see it in the moment and to have the humility and the wisdom to change that truth if it be shown to be unwise or without compassion...I have learnt this day to praise beauty and courage in another when it impacts on my bruised heart and raises a tear...

    ReplyDelete