Tuesday 14 February 2012

Distant Shores


Distant Shores

I’ve seen the face of God...and more
And I can say...with ease
With no fear of laughter or reprieve
That we…them and I...have even played on distant shores

Still...and regardless that… I’ve known the truth
and felt the warmth and joy of evidence
I tremble and weep with foreboding…a glimpse
a vision...of my truest love taking flight...to much to lose

And more...I see old friends in tears
I recall our brothers sisters sons and daughters
Our mothers…our fathers
Our hearts aching...lost of strength and love requited

We shall survive and endure...and more
For I can say...with ease
With no fear of laughter or reprieve
That we...you and I and them...will even play on distant shores

I know we’ll love and laugh with them…taste their tears
We will meet again...and again...make or break our fences
Play our part...and rediscover our senses
But then the face of god will quiet our fears

Gunner©

1 comment:

  1. Stunning! To express loss so beautifully ...and with such exquisite hope!

    ReplyDelete