Tuesday 14 February 2012

A Gift of Noise


I was on a shore of the big lady, she giving birth to a new day star.
As I watched the burn on my horizon, I gave thought to the quiet.
And I heard the wind whispering to the busting surf.
The waves arguing with shiny pebbles rolling on the beach.
I wondered what was so funny that had the trees laughing happily,
their leaves a million rustles in the crisp morning air.
The woods themselves hmmmm and hawww
as the meadow grasses bluffed and fooled with the fall frost.
And as I withdrew into myself, my heart a thundering boom, I thought
How the hell is a man supposed to think in all this racket ?

Even on a quiet dawn, its good to consider the gifts of some small noise. :)

Gunner©

1 comment:

  1. Lovely soft humour and showing a little love and awareness of the natural world...and so true too!!

    ReplyDelete