Friday 17 February 2012

The Butterfly and The Stone


Look into my eyes, beyond the bars of my silent agony, to the depths of my blackness
See a stone in the  heavens, tracking to nowhere, time an unknown concept

Ages come and go, stars fire and burn away, memories like chimney smoke on a cold winter day
Questions, searching..a long burning  ache to feel, sense the presence of the one to stifle my decay.

Awareness alone is hardly worthy of a stone
But for the darkness deep in my soul there must be a light to help me atone

And did you know the soul leaves a scent in its wake,
small wafting spirals of its essence that float unrestrained through both time and space

For eons I've drifted, a rogue stone on her trail
when suddenly the troubled slumber is torn away like a veil

When the weight of a butterfly alights on my stone
the causality a mighty curve, bringing me atmosphere and excites me to the bone

And I know the purpose of my blackness is a place for the butterfly's light to shine upon
Gunner ©

2 comments:

  1. I love the concept of this, the visual imagery and the touch of the eternal...its timeless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's as if you drew the words from my own thoughts about souls, the ever after and time, You are so gifted!

    ReplyDelete