Monday 7 May 2012

Gifts From The Universe


The mighty oak tree gifted me
A released leaf set free
Fluttering and spiraling it's way down
Caught before it finds the ground

My tiny ship tossed and turned
The ocean a raging mighty churn
And from the wind with elegant ease
Descends a dove, a promise of peace and calm seas

A single blade of trembling grass
It's helped create a drop of dew as clear as glass
And when I fold myself down and into the ground
It's a larger reflection of heaven in it I've found

An accidental find is the blueberry patch in the wooded brush
When I enter, the birds and the bees become a welcome hush
An awkward step crushes a rotted sage
A thousand hornets erupt in a rage

I growl with pain and decide to flee
And at the lakes beach what do I see
My brother can't swim and he's taken his last gasp
It's a welcome gift when I feel him safely in my grasp

So I hope your vaults are full of arts and riches
May you find gold as you toil and dig in your ditches
For me I find that better gifts are near
Like the golden tones of Hart and Hedy that I hear
Or the silver in the sky, the emerald in the grass
and the perfumed memories of each minute as it goes past

And if you find a random token
Consider this, it's to you the universe has spoken
That those gifts missed or lightly taken
can often be the ones that leave you shaken

Gunner©

2 comments:

  1. The way you put the words together here leaves me breathless, and with intense longing to see the world with your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with leeana...each phrase is an exquisite captured image filled with emotion..the final phrase expresses how the reader feels when reaching the end!

    ReplyDelete